211 | Ayoto Ataraxia - “The Illusion of Control”
Ayoto Ataraxia 鄭博榕; pingyin: Zheng Borong; born 23 August 1985) is an artist, director, writer, performing artist, producer, poet and musician. He graduated from Istituto Europeo di Design with cum laude in 2009, and from the School of Visual Arts with honors in New York City, 2013.
His work has been exhibited at the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum, and is part of the Beyond Fashion exhibition of the Foundation for the Exhibition of Photography.
He is currently hosting Asian Provocation, exploring queer asian diasporic identities through conversations and stories
- 00:04:55 - Ayoto’s reflections time in New York
- 00:09:06 - The dangers of romanticizing working artists
- 00:12:18 - Artistic expression
- 00:16:42 - Modern American culture / getting lost in the American dream
- 00:19:52 - Considering what we truly value in life
- 00:22:14 - Observing people in different dimensions
- 00:27:24 - The illusion of control
- 00:29:08 - Identity
- 00:35:37 - The background to Ayoto’s original name/freedom from dogma
- 01:00:23 - Wrap up
Ayoto Ataraxia’s - “No Country For Diasporic Men”