137 | Josh Peck with Saman Kesh x Yoshino - “Adaptation, Curiosity, And Evolution”
Josh Peck is an American actor, voice actor, comedian, and YouTube personality. Peck began his career as a child actor in the late 90s and early 2000s, and had an early role on The Amanda Show from 2000 to 2002. Peck rose to prominence for the role of Josh Nichols alongside Drake Bell's character in the Nickelodeon sitcom Drake & Josh from 2004 to 2007, and in its two television films in 2006 and 2008.
He then acted in films such as Mean Creek (2004), Drillbit Taylor (2008), The Wackness (2008), ATM (2012), Red Dawn (2012), Battle of the Year (2013), Danny Collins (2015), and Take the 10 (2017). Peck provided the voice of Eddie in the Ice Age franchise since Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006), and voiced Casey Jones in the Nickelodeon animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012–2017). He also starred with John Stamos in the Fox comedy series Grandfathered (2015–2016). In 2017, Peck started a comedic lifestyle YouTube channel, Shua Vlogs, featuring David Dobrik and his wife Paige O'Brien.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- Peck’s early life moving from New York to LA to pursue his career as an actor.
- His reflection on acting for Nickelodeon’s Drake and Josh and breaking the mold as a “kid actor”
- Growing into his career in films such as Mean Creek, The Wackness, and Red Dawn.
- Kesh’s director/ actor relationship with Peck on his recent film, and Peck’s need for clear communication in such a relationship.
- Following an almost predestined path of the arts through the support system his single mother provided for him as a child.
- Expanding his skill in acting by still attending acting classes.
- Finding different means of supporting himself and his family independent acting through branding platforms such as Vine, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Peck’s podcast, Curious, and his love for interviews and having conversations with other creatives.