195 | Nolwen Cifuentes - “Breaking Free From Debt And Addiction”
Photo by Yoshino
Nolwen is a first-generation Colombian-French photographer and director, working in Los Angeles. As a mixed-race queer woman, her identity plays an active role in the type of narratives she is drawn to.
Her interests lie in shifting social consciousness, breaking down gender norms, and representation. Exploring portraiture within the landscape of American culture, Nolwen’s photographs deal with vulnerability and gaze between both subject and viewer.
She has photographed a multitude of prolific figures and her client list includes The New York Times, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Netflix, Dove, amongst others.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- Nolwen’s career journey
- Multihyphanate artistry
- Importance of broadening your artistic toolbox
- Financial management for artists
- Nolwen’s spiritual experience before sobriety
- Breaking free from trauma
- Focusing on the present moment
- Life being a puzzle
- Feeling connected to a greater calling
- Being intentional within your fearlessness
- Keeping the process in mind rather than the outcome
- Leading with honesty
- Having a career within the arts