207 | Stuart Biddlecombe - “Cinematography On The Handmaid's Tale”
Stuart Biddlecombe is a director of photography for The Handmaid’s Tale. Biddlecombe graduated from the National Film and Television School in 2003. He has also worked on Doctor Who, Call To Midwife, and Cold Feet.
Watch the latest season of “The Handmaid’s Tale” on Hulu.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- 00:02:53 - Adapting to an environment on set
- 00:07:26 - Stuart’s creative process
- 00:12:28 - Collaboration within the filming process
- 00:17:06 - The continuity of filming television shows
- 00:19:24 - Artistry vs. Craftsmanship
- 00:21:22 - Inspiration through different types of art
- 00:23:47 - Observing the world through the lens of cinematography
- 00:25:23 - How he sees his role as a DP
- 00:28:18 - Spontaneity while filming
- 00:33:40 - Stuart’s journey as a cinematographer
- 00:50:00 - Stuart’s best piece of work / working in TV
- 01:02:51 - Wrap up