52 | Olivia Bee - "Understanding Failure"
Olivia Bee (born in Portland, Oregon, 1994) is based in Brooklyn, NY, and Los Angeles, CA. After the recognition received for her photographs on social media. Converse commissioned Bee, at the age of fifteen, to shoot her first ad. She has since gone on to shoot campaigns for brands such as Hermes, Levi's, and editorial features for publications such as Vogue, New York, the New York Times, and Le Monde. Her photography has been featured in three solo shows at Agnes B. New York, Apeture, New York, and Bernal Espacio, Madrid. She is intrigued by the beauty of everyday life and how the beauty of memories (real or imagined) touches us.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- Combining talent, drive, and passion
- Her thoughts on failing and the importance of it
- Being intentional while at the same time leaving room for spontaneous occurrences to happen
- Her narrative character studies
- Her love for Neil Young's vulnerability and honesty
- Pouring your heart and soul into your process
- Exploring fear and going down the rabbit hole
- Recognizing all things that make you human
- Listening to your instincts