66 | Joe Kennedy @ Unit London - “The Business Of Art”
Unit London is an arts space and gallery founded in 2013 by Joe Kennedy and Jonny Burt. Unit London was born from a desire to break down the barriers of elitism and to include people in the contemporary art world - whether they are enthusiasts, first-timers, new collectors, or seasoned collectors and institutions - they strongly believe that everybody should be able to enjoy the world's most amazing art.
Topics Discussed In This Episode:
- The next generation of galleries
- Pop-up gallery experiences
- Making art more accessible
- Unit London was started with the approach of identifying 3 problems in the art world and a need to change these problems: art being exclusive and elitist, certain deserving artists not being celebrated, artists not having social recognition and relevancy.
- Defining your "why" and your "story"
- The importance of starting a business that connects with their audience on an emotional level